Person in charge
- To know the principles of experimental techniques and approaches in virology.
- Learn to research, analyze and structure data for the elaboration of a mini-project on a predefined theme in virology.
Theme : the factors of restriction of the viral infection
Practical work 32h
Study of an influenza virus restriction factor.
- Protein interaction analysis by luciferase complementation assay
- Analysis of viral transcription/replication in the presence of restriction factor by minireplicon assay
- Viral quantification by lysis range reading and qRT-PCR
Miniproject about the techniques used to highlight a restriction factor for a given virus.
- Work in groups using a bank of articles to answer the question posed
- Write the corresponding experimental protocol
- Peer evaluation of the mini-projects using a criterion grid
- Master the experimental methodologies commonly used in virology
- Critically analyze experimental results and present these results in the form of a laboratory report
- Work in groups
- Search for data in the literature, identify the key points necessary to achieve one’s objectives
- Write an experimental protocol